I have decided to move all my public code to my github account. You can also find some code scattered across our blag. Most of my coding time goes into binary refinery, which is a framework to analyze and modify binary data, specifically for malware analysis.
Papers & Preprints
Anything that has been published or in my opinion should be published in some form.
- J.Hüttenhain — Geometric Complexity Theory and Orbit Closures of Homogeneous Forms, Dissertation, 2017. There is also a local version.
- J.Hüttenhain — A Note on Normalizations of Orbit Closures, Communications in Algebra, 45(9):3716–3723, 2017. [χ]
- P.Bürgisser, C.Ikenmeyer & J.Hüttenhain — Permanent versus determinant: not via saturations, Proceedings of the AMS, 145:1247-1258, 2017. [χ]
- J.Hüttenhain & P.Lairrez — The Boundary of the Orbit of the 3 by 3 Determinant Polynomial, Comptes rendus Mathematique, 354(9):931-935, 2016. [χ]
- J.Hüttenhain & C.Ikenmeyer — Binary Determinantal Complexity, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 504:559–573, 2016. [χ]
- J.Hüttenhain — From Sylvester-Gallai-Configurations to Branched Coverings, Diplom Thesis, 2012. See also the updated 2013 version.
- rattle (pseudonym) — Using Process Infection to Bypass Windows Software Firewalls, Phrack Magazine, Volume 0x0b, Issue 0x3e, Phile #0x0d of 0x10, 2004. (local copy)
Most of the above articles and some other preprints can be found in my arΧiv publication list.
Scripts & Handouts
The following are more recent:
- Vector Bundles vs. Locally free Sheaves — a short summary of why these two are the same.
- Permutationsgruppen (German) — decomposition of permutations into cycles and a proof that A5 is not soluble.
The following handouts are the remnants of my graduate studies in Bonn.
- With Lars Wallenborn — Quite Inefficient Algorithms for Solving Systems of Polynomial Equations — without Gröbner bases.
- Quantum Fourier Transform — The handout for our talk on quantum fourier transforms and related quantum-computational problems. As usual, held together with Lars Wallenborn.
- With Lars Wallenborn — Lattice-Based Cryptography — An introduction to lattice-based cryptosystems. Script for a series of talks given at the graduate seminar of Prof. Nitin Saxena in 2011.
- Seminar Talk Elliptic Curves — This is the script for my seminar talk on derivations, group law and torsion groups of elliptic curves, for the graduate seminar on topics in Algebra and Computation by Prof. Nitin Saxena.
- Growing Sheaves On Fertile Categories — This is a category-theoretical introduction to sheaves which is fully self-contained. The main result states that under certain circumstances, there always exists a sheaf associated to every presheaf. This is the script for a talk held in 2010 at the University of Bonn.
- Gruppengesetz auf Elliptischen Kurven (German) — Motivated by applications in cryptography, we introduce the group law on elliptic curves. It's the handout for a talk which was prepared in collaboration with my good friend Lars Wallenborn in winter 09/10.
- Homologie ohne Löcher (German) — Lecture notes on topological homology theory.